JOB TITLE: Executive Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Operations & Human Resources
REPORTS TO: SVP, Human Resources and SVP, Operations
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
This Executive Assistant role provides organizational and administrative support for two senior executives: the Cubs' SVP, Operations; and, SVP, Human Resources, and assists their respective departments as needed.
• Provide organizational and administrative support to executives, including expense tracking and processing, travel booking, ticket orders, correspondence, filing, corporate organization and calendar management
• Assist in the transactional management of departmental budget and expense management
• Manage executive contacts and assist with email and other correspondence as requested
• Coordinate logistics for internal and external meetings and events, including meals, team outings, and entertainment activities
• Organize standard and ad hoc appreciation and recognition events for associates
• Partner with the Operations department in ensuring a best-in-class level of quality, cleanliness and professional appearance of the Cubs' Chicago-based front office by coordinating work orders and décor, pageantry and furniture updates as needed; maintain the master document of front office work location assignments
• Attend Operations department team meetings; distribute agenda items in advance of meetings and maintain and update meeting action items
• Manage and distribute the Manager on Duty schedule for all baseball games and major events
• Maintain HR department process calendar, participate in department meetings, and maintain and update meeting action items
• Coordinate, schedule, and support game day-related activities as requested
• A four-year undergraduate degree from an accredited university or college
• 3+ years' experience as an Executive Assistant or similar organizational or administrative role
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships among all organizational levels
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and Power Point
• Demonstrated excellent communication and writing skills
• Demonstrated ability to work in an organized manner and manage time efficiently and effectively
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to work non-standard hours, including nights, weekends, game days or other event dates
• Common sense, good judgment and the ability to think and act quickly
• Experience supporting multiple executives
• Problem solving and on-the-spot troubleshooting expertise
Due to the overwhelming number of applications we receive, we unfortunately may not be able to respond in person to each applicant. However, we can assure you that you will receive an email confirmation when you apply as well as additional email notifications whether you are selected to move forward for the position or not. Please note, we keep all resumes on file and will contact you should we wish to schedule an interview with you.
The Chicago Cubs and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusion and employing a diverse workforce. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected characteristics.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9nw4k-34-232-62-64-42 in your application.