CBS Television Stations
Studio City, CA
KCBS2/KCAL9 TV, the CBS Owned & Operated Duopoly in Los Angeles, has an immediate opening for a Website Producer for the CBS Local flagship website, CBSLA.com. This position will involve working weekends. Candidate will serve as a news writer and site publisher and work to bridge needs of news and television stations in the market. You will be required to join the WGA union.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Produce daily news material for CBSLA.com.
• Writing original feature stories relating to travel, food, entertainment, etc.
• Producer will also be responsible for working with third-party content from a variety of feeds and providers and integrating it into the site to fit our local audience.
• Managing user-generated content in all areas of the site.
• Quality control for all editorial and publishing (copy editing, image quality, comment moderation, overall look and feel of CBSLA.com
• Participate in and actively contribute to weekly team meetings, bringing new ideas for better content, revenue and site traffic.
• Experience writing news stories for the web in a newsroom environment
Candidates must demonstrate:
• Excellent writing and editorial skills from scripts and wires, cutting and posting streamed video, optimizing imagery, creating slideshows and adapting other TV material for the Web.
• Effective collaboration with a wide range of personnel to create compelling content in a timely manner
• Ability to react well and manage deadlines in a competitive, pressurized environment
• Knowledge of the AP style of writing
• Willingness to work both dayside and nightside shifts, dependent on need of the department
• Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
• Maintains excellent writing and language skills.
• Displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
• Maintains a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research. Highly knowledgeable in the principles of ''Search and Social''.
• Possesses functional knowledge and/or personal experience with WordPress.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r12q6m-54-174-225-82-42 in your application.