Position Purpose: Web Producer candidates must have a passion for news and experience working in a deadline-driven environment. The candidate will be responsible for publishing daily news and breaking news content to the station's website, executing streaming content, copy editing staff stories, and managing the look of KDKA.com. This position also manages our significant presence on social media platforms and is responsible for working closely with newsroom staff to keep our viewers and digital consumers updated on all screens. Candidates must be able to multitask and monitor for breaking and viral news in a 'digital first' environment.
• Writing, editing and researching news stories and posting them to the web and streaming.
• Editing video content and posting it to the web and streaming.
• Posting ''engaging'' content to station Facebook/Twitter/Instagram social media channels.
• Engage and help grow audience through effective use of station's mobile news platform (i.e. sending breaking news, sports or weather alerts to mobile devices)
• Working with third party content to integrate it into the site and helping to adopt other TV material for the web.
• Working with KDKA-TV News Producers and Managers to generate online content that complements the on-air and streaming.
• Manage user-generated content.
• Report news as it happens online (strong breaking news skills) and generate web traffic through application of advanced social media experience.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
• Passion for news and innovative and genuine ways to produce and deliver it.
• Strong writing skills are desired, as is the ability to quickly create, rewrite and aggregate content for our websites and mobile/social platforms.
• Able to multi-task, work under pressure, on deadline.
• Must be detail oriented and self motivated.
• Working knowledge of social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat.
• College Degree required preferably in Journalism or a related field.
• At least 2-3 years web/newsroom experience producing digital content at a news station, or online news publication.
• Some familiarity with HTML, Photoshop, Word Press (or a similar content manager) and video editing preferred.
• Able to utilize and understand web analytics, including Google Analytics, Crowdtangle and Social News Desk or other digital metric tools.
• This position requires non-traditional working hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj94k1-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.