WCBS TV is seeking a weekend Weather Assistant. May also be the weekday fill in.
This is an incredible opportunity for a recent college graduate with interest in TV production and even the potential for some on-air work on our digital platforms as well as the ability to practice hone your skills in the studio.
• Will help prepare graphics and deliver weather briefings to our team
• Assist with the production of hits for our on-air talent.
• Help prepare and deliver weather reports and forecasts for on-air and on digital platforms at regularly scheduled times, either live or recorded.
• Help coordinate severe weather updates as needed.
• Support the analysis of weather data and synthesize the information into clear, easy-to-understand graphics.
• Assist with the production of special weather segments for implementation in newscasts.
• Role requires in person and remote work.
• You have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• Passion for understanding weather communication
Excellent organizational skills
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
• The ability to fill in on short notice is key. Severe weather can happen at any time and being able to react accordingly is crucial.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d892em-3-227-235-216-42 in your application.