CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major US markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount +, all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stations' top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS News' streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount+. The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
CBS News New York is in search of a collaborative and innovative Executive Producer of Streaming. If you thrive on leadership, teamwork and executing data-driven strategies, then we are looking for you. The #1 Streaming team in New York City is waiting for you!
• Daily operational and editorial oversight of CBS News New York
• Create and produce original programming for a 24/7 streaming channel that includes aggressive execution of breaking news, continuous weather coverage, live events and specials
• Oversee and manage all aspects of streaming news production: script writing & editing, rundown formatting, coordinating live and taped elements and control room communication
• Help develop and implement comprehensive streaming and digital coverage plans during major/breaking news/weather
• Identify and pitch stories/topics with high potential of streaming viewership
• Work closely with DLP, ADLP & Planning Producer to prepare and produce content
• Coordinate with multiple departments across newsroom & station
• Apply a deep understanding of digital analytics and performance tracking to optimize production efforts and programming across dayparts
• Work closely with station managers and leadership on long-term planning
• Demonstrate thoughtful editorial and content decisions in fast-paced environment
• Champion a culture of collaboration and teamwork
Preferred Education, Experience, and Certification Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, digital publishing or related field preferred
• Minimum of 3 years of experience managing digital/streaming producers in a newsroom or similar setting
• Proven knowledge of requirements for producing news content for streaming platforms
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with impeccable attention to detail
• Variable schedule, especially in breaking news
• Knowledge of iNews a plus
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxqzj1-44-192-114-32-42 in your application.