WCCO-TV is looking for an innovative and driven VP, News that is poised to drive forward the station's 42+ weekly live TV hours as well as its 24/7 local stream, CBS News Minnesota and website WCCO.com.
• Be a hands-on executive who flourishes with breaking news/weather, enterprise reporting, memorable storytelling, and community journalism.
• Must plan long-term strategy with a focus on ratings, retention, and growth across all screens.
• Find opportunities for modernization, innovation, and next-generation storytelling.
• Collaborate with General Manager and other station Department Heads and managers to evolve content, brand, and community partnerships.
• Participate in the development and execution of short and long term strategic goals for the station.
• Partner with CBS News allies to elevate original storytelling happening across the company.
• Build a welcoming, inclusive culture that allows people to be their best, authentic selves always.
• Recruit best-in-class talent and develop them to stay and grow with CBS Stations.
• Develop and maintain newsroom budget and expense management.
• Ensure a balanced and ethical presentation of news in accordance with CBS policies and standards.
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, or related field preferred.
• Prior experience as a News Director or executive newsroom manager for a television station or network team.
• Proven journalistic judgment and a news philosophy that emphasizes accurate, fair and unique local content, along with community engagement.
• Excellent communication skills are an absolute must.
• Track record of being a successful, people-first manager who champions collaboration and feedback.
• Skills in producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content.
• Experience developing short and long-term strategies from audience research and ratings data.
• Legal understanding of FCC rules and regulations.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4q2p7-3-227-251-94-42 in your application.