VP, News Director (CBS-KTVT)
CBS-KTVT in Fort Worth, seeks an exceptional leader and VP, News Director who will continue to create an inclusive culture that embraces change and innovation.
As our strategic hands-on executive, your drive and authenticity keeps' the mission of the newsroom at the highest levels of journalistic integrity throughout the 50+ hours of weekly news and sports programming on our linear channels, and our growing digital footprint across platforms. If you value being at the center of future success, upholding our commitment to quality journalism, next gen storytelling, and serving our communities, then market 5 is calling your name.
DFW is the only top 5 market where quality of life can actually-be affordable! Come join our fast-growing amazing team.
• Plan long-term strategy for the news department with emphasis of ratings, retention and growth across platforms and screens
• Provide strategic and tactical direction for day-to-day news coverage, breaking news, special projects, investigative reporting, community journalism, special events coverage and editorial on cbsdfw.com and our streaming channel: CBS News Dallas-Fort Worth
• Lead Newsroom management team
• Create a diverse, collaborative, and balanced work environment
• Develop employees through feedback and coaching
• Recruit on-air talent
• Work with General Manager and community education partners to create pipeline for future hires
• Create brand vision, oversee planning and execution for newscast on broadcast and digital platforms
• Identify opportunities for modernization, innovation, and next-generation storytelling
• Work collaboratively with other station leaders for production efforts on all CBS DFW specials and tent pole events
• Develop and maintain newsroom budget and expense management
• Ensure a balanced and ethical presentation of news in accordance with CBS policies and standards
Preferred Education, Experience, and Certification Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, or related field preferred
• Prior experience as a News Director for a television station or network team preferred
• Proven experience leading a local news organization
• The ability to effectively lead and manage in a dynamic and challenging environment
• Demonstrated leadership and strategic decision making
• A participative leadership approach that fosters collaboration and innovation
• Ability to recognize, create and communicate priorities, strategies, market opportunities and challenges to drive growth and performance improvement
• Experience managing budgeting processes and strategic planning
• Legal understanding of FCC rules and regulations
• Must be a strong leader with the ability to manage all aspects of the newsroom
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqbn89-3-235-65-220-42 in your application.