Account Executive - Television Sales
CBS Television Stations
KYW-TV / WPSG-TV, the ViacomCBS Owned & Operated Duopoly in Philadelphia, is seeking a VP/Director of Sales to drive our total station sales effort.
Work directly with the station General Manager and the Division Sales Team to establish strategies and implement those strategies to meet Multi-Media (Linear and Non-Linear) sales objective goals. Recruit, hire and manage sales team to achieve results. Inventory management, utilization of research and sales tools are important. Knowledge of Nielsen, ComScore, Wide Orbit, Strata and Salesforce. Familiar with Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
Extensive experience in Broadcast Sales Management. In addition, candidates must have previous knowledge, success, and leadership in Digital Sales. Demonstrated success in ability to make budget, increase revenues and gain Market share. Ability to develop new and non-traditional business is essential. Must have the ability to develop relationships directly with clients as well as agencies. Dynamic leadership skills and ability to work as part of a team are important.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Responsible for day-to-day sales operations and achieving revenue goals for both broadcast and digital.
• Provide accurate revenue forecasts and deliver year over year growth.
• Develop sales packages and tools inclusive of sales promotions.
• Educate sales department in market/national trends and provide them with new selling ideas and techniques.
• Recruit, interview, and hire quality salespeople.
• Maintain positive relationships with key clients.
• Price inventory as appropriate and assign accounts.
• Prepare sales revenue and expense budgets.
• Train and coach sales management team.
• Attend sales calls with Account Executives.
• Coordinate and update sales pieces.
• Other duties as required.
Minimum 5 years' prior broadcast television sales management experience at a major market television station. Position requires excellent organizational/time management skills and leadership ability. Must be self-motivated, self-disciplined, have a positive attitude and be an effective communicator. Strong track record in revenue performance while maintaining and managing cost of sales is integral as is a strong background in inventory management, sales training, pricing, budgeting, and forecasting.
Previous Director of Sales experience and a bachelor's degree preferred.