Conceive and execute daily news programs. Looking for energetic, aggressive, visual show producer/writer to bring creative, fresh ideas to a newscast.
• Must have solid news judgment and ability to support overall quality of the newscast with keen eye for detail, including spelling, fact checking, balance and fairness.
• Must be able to write and produce creative and factual news content that is compliant with news strategies. Strong tease and copy writing skills. Ability to order graphics.
• Must be knowledgeable in social media and networking; support station's social digital media strategy.
• Strong communication skills
• Must be able to work in a team atmosphere
• Must be able to manage live on air and in control room decision making. Knowledge of control room automation preferred.
• Must ensure daily show production deadlines are met
• Proficient desktop editing skills required. Screen and edit from both linear and non-linear services to select relevant and engaging pictures and sound.
• Ability to shoot and edit digital media
• Must be willing to work hours as assigned
• Other duties as assigned
• Proven successful track record and innovative
• Ability to write and edit broadcast copy and promotions
• Ability to work under extreme deadline pressure
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Three years' experience as a newscast line producer, preferably in a top 20 market;
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or similar field.
• Familiarity with Chicago area, desirable