Manager, Data Solutions and Instrumentation
New York, NY
Overview & Responsibilities
The Senior Technical Engineer, Identity, Messaging, and Collaboration is responsible for the daily operations of an O365 messaging system with 20,000+ mailboxes. In addition, the role is responsible for maintaining a large enterprise Active Directory environment on-premise and in the Cloud, protecting the data it contains. The Senior Technical Engineer will be primarily responsible for messaging and directory services related to the CBS Television Stations Group (CTS) Broadcast environment.
• Administers and monitors Active Directory 2008 R2 / 2012 R2 and O365 Exchange infrastructures
• Assesses and recommends enhancements and improvements to the architecture of supported platforms, in addition to active involvement in the upgrades of those environments.
• Supports the additional technologies employed in the directory and messaging environments including anti-virus (Crowdstrike), patching, monitoring (SCOM, Quest tools), and wireless technologies including Active Sync.
• Troubleshoots any and all problems that arise with directory or messaging production environments. Handles Tier3 Level support issues for the servers and platforms involved. May receive requests via Help Desk to work tickets or directly for other team members within Infrastructure & Security.
• Participates in the performance of daily system checks; i.e., backups, event logs.
• Designs and creates scripts to assist in automation of administration.
• Creates and maintains documentation for the messaging and directory environments.
• Provides assistance to Desktop, ServiceDesk teams and CTS Broadcast Operations & Engineering teams with troubleshooting efforts
• Sets up Backup/Recovery procedures and implements these procedures on servers.
• Provides On-call and off-hours system support.
• Adheres to Change Management, time reporting, trend reporting, and status reporting responsibilities.
• Participates in meetings with the CTS Broadcast Standards and Architecture Committee (BSAC) and advises divisional stakeholders as subject matter expert for the broadcast messaging and directory environment.
• Work with BSAC project manager for initiatives that affect multiple stations and engage with CTS local station IT and Engineering management in project planning and operational discussions to develop and maintain priority and production awareness.
• Minimum five (3) years of technical experience supporting O365 and all its features.
• Strong knowledge of Active Directory.
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience.
• Strong familiarity with AWS and Azure a plus.
• Strong familiarity with broadcast operations and engineering a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills for client interaction and documentation.
• Strong knowledge of underlying supporting technologies and protocols – DNS, SMTP, etc.
• Strong GPO knowledge and best practices to manage mission critical infrastructures and enterprise networks
• Familiarity with antivirus software.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Outlook client functionality, exceling in troubleshooting issues including user profiles and other client platforms.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
• Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects.
• Excel in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
• Ability to work well under pressure while keeping a professional demeanor.
• Must have strong interpersonal and organization skills and be able to communicate clearly with all levels of the business including, technical management, customers and/or external vendors.
• Able to work extended hours on occasion, travel, and be available to accept and work problem calls outside normal business hours as directed by management.
• Deliver results with efficiency and effectiveness in all areas of job performance.
• Focus on ensuring a quality customer experience that exceeds expectations.
• Continuously improve upon work and business processes.
• Keep up to date with changing industry needs and technologies.
• Able to anticipate, quantify and resolve problems and issues with requirements.
• Diligent and dependable in completing work.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0wn91-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.