Overview and Responsibilities:
We are looking for a Senior Manager, HR to create an engaging environment where people thrive, partnerships prevail, and performance excels, making CBS Stations the best place to work! By living our values; fostering inclusion; championing transparency, collaboration & communication; focusing on staff development and encourage recognition, the HRBP will be a key resource to all stations staff.
• Serve as the HRBP to the assigned stations leadership teams. Work closely with leadership and staff on all HR needs from hiring and onboarding top talent to thinking critically about their organizational structure and helping employees achieve their highest potential.
• Handle employee relations issues; coach and counsel employees on career development, skill development and interpersonal relationships. Mediate and resolve conflicts. Support managers' efforts to provide employees with feedback both oral and written; draft/co-author speaking points, development plans and disciplinary memos. Partner with managers on termination actions. Partner and coordinate with employment law, labor, and our central investigation teams as appropriate; ensuring fair and consistent application of policies and practices.
• Engage with managers and seek to understand the people implications to business challenges, initiatives and goals and identify solutions that contribute to success.
• Provide broad recruiting support to Station leaders with securing hiring approvals, crafting job descriptions, and developing compensation ranges.
• Leverage the broader HR infrastructure/community to solve problems for employees.
• Manage the FCC EEO obligations and initiatives; prepare and maintain FCC EEO processes and reports.
• Stay abreast of trends related to the Human Resources discipline; pursue and attend training courses and other learning opportunities to keep skills current.
• Assist with the ideation, planning, and execution of employee engagement activities.
• Support team with ad hoc projects. Handles other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum 5 years of HR experience meeting fast paced employee and client needs; union environment preferred
• Foundation of Employment Law – FMLA, ADA, Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, hostile work environment
• Highly responsive, client focused professional who works well in a team environment
• Exceptional judgement, initiative, follow-through, and attention to detail
• Exceptional communication skills; able to communicate with all levels of staff (written and oral)
• Extremely flexible, composed individual who builds trust and instills confidence
• Possesses a natural, empathetic and professional ease at working with and relating to the needs of employees in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
• Proven ability to handle extremely confidential information, act with integrity and use discretion
• Ability to multi-task and balance numerous priorities in a deadline-oriented environment
• Naturally curious, self-starter; able to work and seek out answers/resources independently
• Passionate about learning and delivering innovative, transformational HR support.
• Experience with HR information systems and reporting software
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj1yee-44-200-82-149-42 in your application.