CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major US markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount +, all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stations' top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS News' streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount+. The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
CBS Television Stations, Los Angeles has an immediate opening for the position of Outer-Market Sales Manager.
CTS-Sales Los Angeles is looking for a Sales Manager to oversee sales across its outer-market station and digital portfolio as well as West Coast regional business in partnership with regional stations in CBS O&O Markets. We are under a hybrid office model currently.
The ideal candidate will:
• Lead the CTS-LA outer-market sales team to sell across the CTS-LA linear & digital portfolios
• Oversee regional sales strategy for business originating out of West region territories (Los Angeles, San Francisco, Sacramento & Seattle)
• Facilitate unwired/group deal opportunities in partnership with Group Sales
• Create, manage, & scale the revenue pipeline with advertisers, agencies & partners
• Have established, strategic local (LA/West Coast) agency & client relationships
• Collaborate and relationship-build across various internal departments including sales, marketing, traffic, finance as well as external (3rd party) vendors.
• Have a proven track record of new business & NTR development success
• Establish & achieve goals to grow market share and exceed budget
• Communicate with local sales management CA/NY leadership
• Provide up-to-date forecasting for outer-market business originating from Los Angeles
• Conduct quarterly evaluations for sales staff
• Maintain and adhere to company sales polices
• Embrace the CTS-Corporate pillars of Content, Culture, & Community
• 8+ years of local media sales experience working with a leading content creative organization or advertising agency.
• Ability to simplify complex concepts & define value propositions on behalf of CTS
• Track record of recruiting & retaining top sales talent
• Previous experience selling markets that align with the CTS linear footprint
• Highly proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and Wide Orbit
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Bachelor's degree
• College degree preferred
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8z7qm-44-200-74-241-42 in your application.