Job Title: Multimedia Journalist
Overview & Responsibilities: Good Day Sacramento is seeking a full-time multimedia journalist. The candidate will have a proven and demonstrated ability to comfortably, confidently & conversationally communicate with interviewees and viewers. The ideal candidate will create entertaining and enterprising content that meets station programming strategies. The journalist needs to embrace their Social Media side; Tweeting, Facebooking, Snapchatting and Instagramming in between live segments is critical.
• Candidate must be able to report scripted and unscripted news and features in both live and pre-recorded formats.
• Candidate must be able to guide viewers smoothly through breaking news situations and quirky feature stories with words and pictures is crucial.
• Prior on-air reporting experience as a multimedia journalist is required.
• Strong writing skills and understanding of television news and entertainment reporting techniques are essential.
• iNews experience is required.
• Prior experience live reporting with both live trucks and backpack streaming video preferred.
• College degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
Hiring Salary Range: $50,000.00 - 80,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxz221-3-239-6-58-42 in your application.