Meteorologist / Weather Anchor
CBS Television Stations
Studio City, CA
KCBS2/KCAL9-TV, the CBS Owned & Operated Duopoly in Los Angeles, is seeking an experienced news promotion writer/producer to contribute to the success of our award-winning news product. The ideal candidate should have a passion for news topical promotion, strong tease writing and producing skills, experience working in a news environment, the ability to strategize and collaborate with news managers, and the ability to work quickly and smoothly in a fast-paced dynamic setting.
The primary function of this position is to write and produce compelling topical promos for the 11pm News and other priority newscasts. Other marketing projects may be assigned periodically. Nightside shift 3-11pm
On site / hybrid work schedule
• Extensive experience in news topical promotion for a local station, network or cable.
• Solid knowledge of news platforms such as iNews, Stratus, news server edit systems and news operations.
• Familiarity of all current production and graphics technologies.
• Proven experience and promotion work samples at network level quality
• Minimum 5 years' promo production experience
• WGA membership required (Writers Guild of America)
• A sold history of writing and producing topical news promotion in both live and post-production environments
• Work with news management and producers to select tease content
• Team with news talent, production teams and support personnel to produce and deliver content for air
• Direct creative for assigned productions from inception to completion
• Compile and select source material
• Deliver projects under tight deadlines
• Able to be agile in an ever-changing, breaking news environment