Producer (Los Angeles)
KCBS2/KCAL9, the country's largest duopoly and part of the CBS Owned & Operated stations in Los Angeles, is looking for a dynamic news producer. The top candidate will excel at crafting memorable newscasts! You should have a successful track record of creating impactful, memorable multi-platform content in a timely manner.
As a producer, you will coordinate all aspects of the production of a newscast and occasionally other special programs. If you're a hard-working, experienced individual who has strong editorial judgment, a background in breaking news, strong communication skills and an ability to find and pursue unique local content, this is the role for you!
• Originate, research, lead, write, produce, and edit engaging news segments.
• Collaborate closely with the team to ensure detailed coordination and execution of news production, both on-air and online.
• Demonstrate adaptability and composure in the fast-paced control room environment, ensuring our news broadcasts run efficiently and effectively.
• Maintain impeccable grammar, spelling, and attention to detail in all content produced, ensuring top-notch quality.
• At least five years of experience, preferably in a top 20 market; Newswriting and line producing experience required
• Experience working with Avid, I-news, and Grass Valley Group server and newsroom editing systems a plus.
• College degree required or equivalent experience.
This position is covered under the Collective Bargaining Agreement with the WGA.
Hiring Salary Range: $70,772.00 - 99,788.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g31ob5-18-207-160-97-42 in your application.