San Francisco, CA
Overview and Responsibilities:
Produce 30- or 60-minute newscasts for broadcast and/or digital platforms. Responsible for story selection and editorial content. Time programs and segments with a good sense of pacing, energy and urgency!
Oversee editing, script writing and creation of news graphics. Lead and work with assignment editors, reporters, writers and sports producers while making editorial and content decisions in accordance with department guidelines and standards.
Effectively communicate with field reporters, tape editors and talent. Write news stories and all newscast teases: in a straightforward, active voice, conversational style, with proper grammar and spelling.
Monitor wires and feed sources for updated information. Respond aggressively to breaking news. Use all production elements accurately, consistently and creatively.
Exercise sound news judgment. Make quick decisions, and clearly communicate in the control room.
• At least 3 years experience line producing with a consistent record.
• The personal and professional maturity to direct and manage a staff of experienced reporters, writers and editors.
• The demonstrated ability to attract and hold viewers with compelling teases. Excellent writing and production skills.
• Adept at responding to breaking news, both strategically and in the control room.
• Eagerness to incorporate new media strategies and technologies.
• Desire and ability to innovate
• Desktop editing required.
• Related College degree and/or equivalent preferred.
Physical Demands: Must be able to sit at desk for long periods of time and operate keyboard.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkej1p-3-236-51-151-42 in your application.