CBS News Colorado is looking for a bold and innovative news producer who wants to become a leader! The candidate should thrive and be an authority in the booth, know how to let the content decide the format, understand top story treatment, and excels at urgent production style and conversational writing.
We're looking for more than a show stacker! The candidate will lead all aspects of the production of a newscast and occasionally produce content for our streaming platform. You may assist with digital, social, and breaking news coverage. Shift may include weekends and/or mornings. Responsibilities include, but not limited to writing, producing, and editing content. Must have a strong understanding and ability to incorporate the web into daily coverage.
• Originate, research, lead, write, produce, and edit news segments for television and digital platforms.
• Collaborate with CBS Colorado's team to ensure seamless coordination and execution of news.
• Work both in the control room demonstrating adaptability and composure in fast paced situations.
• Flourishes with change and innovation, constantly seeking new ideas and approaches to connect with our audience.
• Assist in the station's goal of growing digital-first content.
• Uphold impeccable grammar, spelling, and attention to detail in all content produced.
• Exhibit strong editorial judgment, effective communication, and critical thinking skills.
• Minimum two (2) years of experience as a line producer
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Broadcast Journalism or related field preferred
• Excellent organizational and communication skills required
The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check prior to beginning employment.
Hiring Salary Range: $55,000.00 - 67,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8xbbx-3-238-180-174-42 in your application.