KCBS2/KCAL9 has an immediate opening for a full-time News Photographer for the Los Angeles Duopoly. The News Photographer is responsible for gathering news content and operating ENG equipment for the KCBS2/KCAL9 News operation.
A successful candidate must have the ability to capture compelling visuals and audio at the speed of news with a ''can-do'' approach to problem solving. This is a fast-paced, high-energy environment requiring a highly skilled and creative individual with the technical know-how to get live quickly and safely. You must be a team player that consistently contributes to the editorial process with story ideas and during the newsgathering process. You must be open to implementing new technologies and methods to accomplish future assignments.
• Safely operate news gathering equipment throughout Southern California
• Edit stories quickly and accurately (in-house or field)
• Comply with CBS and Cal OSHA safety standards
• Competent with Edius editing and Sony XD cameras preferred
• SNG truck operation skills a plus
• Excellent technical and ENG lighting skills required
• Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, high-pressure, tight-deadline environment
• Must be a self-starter with excellent organizational & people skills
• Strong work ethic, positive attitude & leadership qualities with the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities
• Must be able to lift and carry equipment throughout the shift
• Must be willing to work flexible schedules which may include early mornings, nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
• Must have and maintain a valid California Driver's License
NO PHONE CALLS or EMAILS PLEASE.
Only qualified candidates considered for this position will be contacted for an interview. We regret that we cannot accept phone calls or respond to individual inquiries.
CBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the continuing policy of CBS to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or physical or mental disability, veteran's status, marital status, or height or weight and to conform to applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk5z20-18-232-179-5-42 in your application.