CBS Television Stations
CBS Television Stations includes 28 CBS-owned stations in 17 major US markets, as well as the stations' digital properties. The portfolio of stations includes 15 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates.
The station group's properties also include CBSN Local, a joint initiative with CBS Interactive that features direct-to-consumer streaming news services in the markets where the Company has local news organizations. CBS Television Stations' premium local content is also distributed to consumers by the group's websites and mobile applications.
CBS 2 and CBSN Chicago is seeking a full time groundbreaking broadcast Photojournalist with a passion for storytelling. Do you thrive on the details? Present accurate content that captivates an audience? Do you value integrity and practice NPPA principles? Then we are looking for you to join our team! Show us your body of highlighted work experience, cover news events and uncover stories for CBS 2 newscasts, local programming.
• Bring depth of knowledge with all aspects of ENG news coverage, including Sony HD cameras, GoPros, DSLRs, Edius non-linear editing, ENG lighting, microwave and satellite transmissions.
• Edit news stories and daily show under urgent deadlines, while maintaining editorial integrity.
• Safely operate company vehicles, including driving, positioning microwave equipped vans and KU trucks in all weather conditions.
• Contribute to editorial process in team environment with story ideas and attention to production strategy.
• Physical ability to carry at least 75lbs of gear, set up and breakdown usually alone.
• Operate and orientate retractable antenna masts within strict safety guidelines; executing long cable runs of perhaps several hundred feet; carrying, setting up and operating tripods, video cameras and batteries.
• Results-Oriented, team driven, creative and innovative.
• Excellent storytelling skills.
• Ability to work under deadline pressure.
• Flexible and able to adapt to extending shifting schedules on short notice including weekends and/or late nights and/or overnights.
• Capable of potentially lengthy, physically and emotionally stressful assignments out.
• Communicate optimally and accurately around safety issues and urgent information at various news locations.
• Handle complex logistical situations in the field including competing for position with other news media.
• Coping with interference from the public and inter-act with third-parties such as fire, police and security personnel in a calm and professional manner.
Qualifications and Certifications:
• Five years' experience as a photographer and editor, preferably in a top 30 market.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or similar field.
• Familiarity with Chicago area, desirable.
• Strong non-linear editing background, including Edius.
• Valid Illinois drivers license.
• SNG experience with DOT and Drone ENG experience with FAA Part 107 certification a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq556m-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.