KPIX/KBCW, the ViacomCBS O&O duopoly in San Francisco has an immediate opening for a dynamic automated Newscast Director. If you have strong leadership in and out of the control room while fulfilling production needs, we are looking for you to join our team!
• Code and direct newscast for KPIX and the CBSN Bay Area digital platform.
• Operate and use Sony ELC automation, Sony MVS-7000x switcher, Cambotics robotic cameras, Chyron graphics, Calrec audio console for live and pre-recorded productions.
• Collaborate with the editorial and production staffs to execute error-free production in an ELC automated control room environment.
• Provide sound technical skills, communicate daily with producers for smart, effective use of studio venues and bring a ''can-do'' approach to problem solving in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
• Your technical skills must be outdone by your willingness to contribute to the success of the duopoly.
• Candidate must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include early mornings, nights, weekends and holidays.
• You must be open to implementing new technologies and/or methods to accomplish future assignments.
• Demonstrated experience in live news production is required.
• Previous Control Room Automation use is desired, Sony ELC experience is preferred.
• Understanding of video servers, graphics systems, audio consoles and robotic cameras is essential.
• Excellent computer, and knowledge of iNews preferred.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, high-pressure environment.
• Must be a self-starter with excellent organizational skills.
• Strong work ethic, positive attitude & leadership qualities with the ability to balance multiple tasks and prioritize a must.
• Excellent people and communication skills needed.
• Good conflict resolution and problem-solving skills are a must
• Physical Demands: Must be able to sit at a desk for long periods of time and operate keyboard.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxokxo-3-238-232-88-42 in your application.