News Photographer - Sacramento (CBS KOVR-TV)
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major US markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount +, all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stations' top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS News' streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount+. The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
Calling all Photojournalist! CBS13/CW31, O & O duopoly in West Sacramento has multiple immediate openings for a full-time union photographer who is well versed in shooting to editing.
If you like the rush of being in the middle of it all, developing as a great storyteller, covering sports, politics, features, and hard news…then this is your next stop. Looking for both men and women to join a staff of NPPA driven shooters that look forward to working with each other and the public to present quality stories….If that's you, you MUST be willing to workdays, nights, weekends, and holidays. This is a union shop.
(PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR REEL/LINK FOR CONSIDERATION in the body of your resume).
• Daily newsgathering, working with a reporter/or alone to shoot and edit daily stories
• Edit material to match script prepared by reporter, producer, or associate producer using in-house or field locations as needed
• Keep assigned equipment and/or vehicle in good working condition and file all required paperwork. Ability to set up live remotes and use Live U's if needed
• Creative and drive for the business
Preferred Education and Experience:
• 2 + Plus Years TELEVISION experience covering breaking news, features and sports preferred
• MSJ's and/or MMJ's who are looking to be behind the camera are encouraged to apply
• knowledgeable of the XDCAM EX camera and GRASS VALLEY editing systems
• Experience operating microwave, bonded-cellular packs and/or satellite trucks
• MUST be willing to workdays, nights, weekends, and holidays
• Sound journalistic judgment
• Passion for visual storytelling
• Excellent lighting skills
• Deadline oriented
• Ability to get along with others!
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm93px-3-238-199-4-42 in your application.