CBS Television Stations
The News Director of WFOR will be responsible for leading the strategic mission of the newsroom while ensuring the highest levels of journalistic integrity throughout the 35+ hours of weekly news and sports programming. This executive will be at the center WFOR's future success, upholding our commitment to quality journalism and the communities we serve and prioritizing an adaptable and inclusive culture that embraces change and innovation.
• Plan long-term strategy for the news department with emphasis of ratings, retention and growth.
• Provide strategic and tactical direction for day to day news coverage, breaking news, special projects, investigative reporting, special events coverage and editorial on cbsmiami.com.
• • Recruit on-air talent.
• Create brand vision, oversee planning and execution for newscast on broadcast and digital platforms.
• Lead production efforts for all live WFOR specials and tent pole events.
• Develop and maintain newsroom budget and expense management.
• Ensure a balanced and ethical presentation of news in accordance with CBS policies and standards
• Proven experience leading a local news organization. The ability to effectively lead and manage in a dynamic and challenging environment. Demonstrated leadership and strategic decision making.
• A participative leadership approach that fosters collaboration and innovation. Ability to recognize, create and communicate priorities, strategies, market opportunities and challenges to drive growth and performance improvement.
• Experience managing budgeting processes and strategic planning.
• Legal understanding of FCC rules and regulations.
• Must be a strong leader with the ability to manage all aspects of the newsroom.
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications or related field preferred. Prior experience as a News Director for a television station preferred.