National Multiskilled Correspondent
CBS Television Stations
Location: DFW, Atlanta, or Miami
CBS Television Stations is seeking a National Multiskilled Correspondent to deliver distinct live news and weather coverage as well as compelling in-depth storytelling on topics of national interest. This position is part of the CBS Innovation Lab, which serves the CBS-owned Stations and collaborates with CBS News, while experimenting with next-generation storytelling and testing new products, workflows, and production models.
• In coordination with CBS Newspath, report live from the field with unique storytelling elements that elevate severe weather, breaking news, and major story coverage.
• Shoot and edit video to gather and create content independently as needed, as well as work in unison with photographers, editors and producers when assigned to a team.
• Inside the CBS Innovation Lab, engage in a highly collaborative environment to produce data-driven, solutions-focused content with a distinct storytelling signature, often localizing and customizing the information for CBS Stations.
• Ideate, research, create and present timely and topical news and weather stories relevant to audiences of our CBS-owned stations. Produce stories and projects with consistent frequency and impact for the newscasts, specials, streams, websites and apps of CBS News and Stations.
• Contribute creative and novel ideas about storytelling, content differentiation, and audience engagement that contribute to the mission of the CBS Innovation Lab.
• Efficiently maximize newsgathering and investigative tactics to obtain information and story elements, such as developing relationships, cultivating sources, and strategically landing interviews.
• Communicate frequently and effectively with respect and candor, and maintain highly collaborative, productive working environments and relationships with management and news personnel. Always represent company professionally in interactions.
• Work closely with management, producers, and legal counsel in creating accurate, well-documented, bulletproof stories.
• Demonstrate full engagement with content marketing efforts on all platforms.
• Must be willing to travel and work a flexible, unpredictable schedule as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
• 10+ years' large market and/or network experience as a multiskilled journalist, reporting live on news and weather events, as well as shooting and editing video content.
• Track record of creating compelling, in-depth content that contributes to brand definition, audience growth, and other strategic goals.
• Journalism degree or similar preferred.
Hiring Salary Range: $120,000.00 - 180,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0qwzj-44-192-254-173-42 in your application.