OVERVIEW / ROLE DETAILS
CBS 62 (WWJ-TV) and CW50 (WKBD-TV), the CBS News and Stations owned & operated in the #15 television market Detroit, is looking for an experienced Multi-Skilled Producer with creative ideas to join our CBS News Detroit team. We are looking for someone who can write, produce, shoot and edit content for newscasts on multiple platforms. CBS News Detroit isn't like your ''traditional'' news department. We are looking for someone who can do it all and has a passion for storytelling.
• Decides which stories are of most interest to our viewers in their communities
• Determines order in which stories are told on stream on linear broadcasts.
• Time broadcasts and insure they are correct on the stream and on air
• Assign Multi-Skilled Journalists
• Ensure CBS News Detroit is in FCC compliance
• Shoot, write and edit packages for daily newscasts
• Establish and maintain relationships/sources in the community
• Produce content for Twitter, Facebook and other social media sites
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Ability to produce newscasts
• Work creatively and efficiently with Executive Producers, Anchors and Multi-Skilled Journalists.
• Must be proficient in Premiere Pro.
• Must be an excellent writer for newscasts.
• Must have experience with iNews and newsroom automation systems.
• Must be able to work independently with a high degree of accuracy and have the ability to solve problems quickly
• Must have very strong social media skills and be able to contribute on all platforms
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, holidays, weekends
• Must be a team player and able to work under deadlines and have the ability to multi-task
• College degree in Journalism/Communications/Broadcasting preferred; equivalent experience
• Minimum 4 years' television producing experience preferred
Hiring Salary Range: $.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0obk8-18-207-160-97-42 in your application.