WCBS-TV, the #1 station in the Paramount portfolio of owned and operated stations, is seeking an experienced multi-skilled journalist. The ideal candidate will be an ethical journalist whose reporting goes deeper than headlines to offer context and insight on issues of importance. This is a position covered by a collective bargaining agreement with SAG-AFTRA.
Core Skills & Responsibilities:
• Must have a proven track record of shooting, writing and editing visually compelling stories
• Must be organized and self-sufficient
• Must develop/pitch enterprise story ideas that can be turned in a single day
• Write crisp, conversational copy that engages viewers
• Must understand the importance of visual storytelling
• Must write a digital version of all reports
• Must show competency on social media platforms
• Must be a team player who seeks diverse perspectives
• 3+ years reporting experience.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or a related field
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Must be willing to work nights, mornings, weekends and holidays
• Must be open to occasional travel for special assignments
Hiring Salary Range: $84,864.00 - 130,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkn470-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.