CBS TELEVISION STATIONS SOUTH FLORIDA
Job Title: MULTI-SKILLED JOURNALIST
CBS 4 in Miami, FL is looking for an experienced Multi-Skilled Journalist (MSJ) to join our team. We want someone who fights for the lead story, brings ideas to the table daily, cultivates sources, owns social media and is passionate about local news. Candidate must have strong, creative storytelling skills and an energetic delivery.
• Develop and execute enterprise content on a consistent basis
• Cover breaking news with a sense of urgency
• Pitch vetted stories reflective of the community
• Shoot, write and edit packages for daily newscasts
• Establish and maintain relationships/sources in the community
• Produce content for Twitter, Facebook and other social media sites
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Ability to shoot and edit broadcast quality video for television newscast and digital platforms
• Must be able to work independently with a high degree of accuracy and have the ability to solve problems quickly
• Must have a very strong social media skills and able to contribute on all platforms
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, holidays, weekends & ON CALL shifts
• Must be a team player and able to work under deadlines and have the ability to multi-task
• College degree in Journalism/Communications/Broadcasting preferred; equivalent experience
• Minimum 4 years' MSJ/television reporting experience preferred
CBS Television Stations consists of 28 CBS-owned stations in 17 major US markets, as well as the stations' digital properties. The portfolio of stations includes 15 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates.
Begin the application process here: https://careers.viacomcbs.com/
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g61j0j-3-236-209-138-42 in your application.