CBS 4 in Miami, FL is looking for an experienced Multi-Skilled Journalist (MSJ) to join our team. We want someone who fights for the lead story, brings ideas to the table daily, cultivates sources, owns social media and is passionate about local news. Candidate must have strong, creative storytelling skills and an energetic delivery.
• Develop and execute enterprise content on a regular basis
• Cover breaking news with a sense of urgency
• Pitch vetted content reflective of the community
• Shoot, write and edit packages for daily newscasts
• Establish and manage relationships/sources in the community
• Produce content for Twitter, Facebook and other social media sites
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Ability to shoot and edit broadcast quality video for television newscast and digital platforms
• Must be able to work independently with a high degree of accuracy and have the ability to tackle problems quickly
• Must have a very strong social media skills and able to contribute on all platforms
• Must be able to work a variable schedule including nights, holidays, weekends & ON CALL shifts
• Must be a team player who optimally meets strict deadlines and is an expert multi-task
• College degree in Journalism/Communications/Broadcasting preferred; equivalent experience
• Minimum 4 years' MSJ/television reporting experience preferred
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rebbz8-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.