CBS Television Stations
MMJ (Multi-Media Journalist)
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major US markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount +, all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stations' top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS News' streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount+. The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
- Be an enterpriser! Develop and deliver stories that lead newscasts and add value to our viewers/users lives.
- The MMJ/Reporter is responsible for originating, researching, writing, producing, presenting, and editing dynamic stories for WCCO-TV, WCCO.com and CBSN Minnesota.
- Thrive off good characters and emotional storytelling.
- Perform high-energy, engaging live shots as assigned.
- Deliver reports on-air and digital ensuring an accurate and ethical presentation of the news
- Conduct necessary interviews.
- Meet all news production deadlines.
- Collaborate optimally with colleagues in News, Digital, Promotion, Production and Engineering on daily assignments and special projects.
- Connect with our community by participating in local events.
- Must have strong writing, videography and non-linear editing experience
- MMJ skills
- Must be results-oriented, curious, creative, and committed to collaboration
- Must have strong organizational and communication skills
- Must be flexible to working all shifts, including overnight hours and weekends
- Must have a valid driver's license
- College degree in journalism or related field.
- At least 3 years of experience reporting in commercial television.
=== ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED ===
=== APPLY ONLINE AT WCCO.COM/WCCOJOBS ===
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro9by3-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.