CBS Television Stations
Position Purpose: Develop weather forecasts using WSI Max. Deliver these forecasts, providing consistently accurate information and weather forecasts.
• Use the station's weather technologies to develop & deliver live, accurate weather forecasts.
• Track and deliver breaking weather information during times of weather emergency.
• Interact on-air with other talent in a manner that builds the team and makes viewers feel comfortable with that team.
• Work closely and cooperatively with news and promotions producers to promote the daily weather story and the station's overall weather brand.
• Use social media to promote the station's weather coverage, build its weather brand, and drive traffic to the station's website and streaming service, CBSN Pittsburgh
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
• College degree required; degree in meteorology preferred.
• AMS seal required, although we will consider candidates who are working toward their seal.
• At least 2 years' experience as a weather forecaster at a commercial television station.
• Team player who can execute news managers' goals for a particular newscast.
• Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and act with appropriate urgency during times of breaking weather news.
• Must be available to work weekend mornings and some weekday shifts.