CBS Detroit & CW50 Detroit, the CBS News and Stations owned & operated in the #15 television market Detroit seeks a dynamic creative Manager Digital Content.. If you thrive on innovation, implementing strategy, and bringing best practices to the daily operational and editorial oversight across digital, streaming, and social platforms, then we are looking for you. Come build your talents with us!!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Daily operational and editorial oversight of CBS News Detroit across digital, streaming, and social platforms
• Create and produce original programming for a 24/7 streaming channel, including breaking news, continuous weather coverage, live events, and specials
• Oversee all aspects of streaming news production: script writing, rundown formatting, coordinating live and taped elements, control room communication, and programming grids
• Develop and implement comprehensive streaming and digital coverage plans during major/breaking news
• Seek out local partners to provide original live content for our streaming channel
• Apply a deep understanding of digital analytics and performance tracking to optimize news story production and programming across platforms and dayparts
• Develop and implement digital strategies to build, engage, and retain audiences
• Understand and apply best practices for SEO/SEM
• Collaborate with digital sales teams to cultivate new and existing revenue streams
• Work closely with station managers and leadership on long-term planning
• Demonstrate thoughtful editorial and content decisions in fast-paced environment
• Foster a culture of strong news and editorial judgment
MINIMUM ABILITY, SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, digital publishing, or related field preferred
• Minimum of five years of experience managing digital producers in a newsroom or similar setting
• Working knowledge of requirements for producing news content for streaming platforms
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with high attention to detail
• Demonstrated passion for producing content and collaborative in the processed
• Experience producing local newscast is a plus
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dye36q-18-207-157-152-42 in your application.