Manager Digital Content
WJZ Baltimore seeks a dynamic Digital Content Manager who can innovate, lead and implement strategy across streaming, .com and social platforms.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Daily operational and editorial oversight of WJZ across streaming, .com and social platforms
• Create and produce original programming for a 24/7 streaming channel, including breaking news, continuous weather coverage, live events, and specials
• Oversee all aspects of streaming news production: responding to breaking news, script writing, rundown formatting, coordinating live and taped elements, control room communication, and programming grids
• Develop and implement comprehensive streaming and digital coverage plans during major/breaking news
• Seek out local partners to provide original live content for streaming channel
• Apply a deep understanding of digital analytics and performance tracking to optimize news story production and programming across platforms and dayparts
• Develop and implement digital strategies to build, engage, and retain audiences
• Understand and apply best practices for SEO/SEM
• Collaborate with digital sales teams to cultivate new and existing revenue streams
• Work closely with station managers and leadership on long-term planning
• Demonstrate thoughtful editorial and content decisions in fast-paced environment
• Foster a culture of strong news and editorial judgment
MINIMUM ABILITY, SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, digital publishing, or related field preferred
• Experience producing local news
• Experience managing digital producers in a newsroom or similar setting
• Working knowledge of requirements for producing news content for streaming platforms
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with attention to detail
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d50jv7-34-239-154-240-42 in your application.