KDKA-TV/WPCW-TV, CBS owned and operated station group in Pittsburgh, PA seeks a hardworking, dynamic, proven Local Sales Manager to inspire and coach a top-performing sales team. This is a great opportunity to live in one of the top markets in the country. The candidate is responsible for executing a sales strategy that delivers customer solutions through an integrated suite of media platforms – television, digital, OTT, and social, with an emphasis on new business development.
Overview and Responsibilities:
CBS Pittsburgh's ideal hire will have a proven history of growing revenue for both television and digital, developing a strong customer-centric sales culture and illustrating goal achievement as a professional value. Ability to strategize and work collaboratively with Account Executives and the CBS Pittsburgh Sales management team. The qualities that will distinguish candidates are: Mentoring management style, creative selling ideas, transactional negotiation expertise, development of new business, strong digital knowledge, motivational leadership qualities, a positive attitude, and a professional persona. Under the direction of the Director of Sales, the LSM co-directs the Local – KDKA and WPCW sales team. The LSM must be organized, goal oriented and structured. This person must possess an entrepreneurial mindset, competitive spirit, and exhibit passion for marketing sales, both broadcast and digital.
• Strong communication and negotiation tactics with local clients and agencies
• Effective inventory management and pricing strategies
• Solid Role Model leadership of the sales team
• Collaboration with sales leadership team, AE's, other station departments and customers
• Leadership and performance management coaching of sales team – AE's and support staff
• Recruit hire and train AEs to achieve revenue, share goals assist the Local sales team
• Set quarterly and annual goals for the team and individual AE's. Track performance and determines accountability measures.
• Develop and monitor performance accountability systems
• Assist in accurately forecasting revenue – weekly, monthly, and annually as well as meet and exceed revenue budgets and share goals including total station, new business, digital and station initiatives
• Generate leads, and build and nurture client relationships
• Create and execute a strategic sales plan that expands the customer base and achieves goals
• Work in partnership with CBS Pittsburgh Director of Sales & AE's, Research, News, Creative Services on ways to continually increase revenue and market share.
• Knowledge of Excel & Power Point
• Perform other duties as assigned by management
• 3+ years of media sales management experience or 5+ years established television sales experience
• Proven track record of building, developing, and training strong sales teams
• Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university
• A strategic thinker that will help drive the sales department to new levels
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rezkp0-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.