Digital Line Producer
CBS Television Stations
CBS Television Stations is seeking an Exectuive Producer of Digital Media to coordinate all daily news and special event coverage.
Our ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to coordinate daily news and special event coverage for all digital platforms in collaboration with news managers. will oversee web producers and CBSN associate and digital line producers managing multiple real-time and long-term data inputs to build a holistic picture of our audience. Developing effecting analytics-based strategies to both target and grow our audience base. If this sounds like you join us!
• Enthusiastically cover breaking news through articles, videos, push alerts, live streams and social posts.
• Comfortable being a people-focused leader and listener in a newsroom environment.
• Collaborate with partners to build strong daily content, originals and special projects to grow a rich, interactive digital experience.
• Mentor talent on digital practices and assist management to ensure they are being adhered to.
• Develop opportunities to expand the news brand while utilizing new technologies
• Guide the team on special sales & community projects managing assignments
• Bachelor's Degree in Journalism or related field strongly preferred
• Minimum of 5+ years of experience producing video content for digital platforms (or portfolio with commensurate experience)
• Strong copy editing ability with an understanding of AP Style and basic journalism legal principles.
• Natural curiosity and love for local news and an understanding of current news events.
• Working knowledge of Web Design Tools & Content Management Systems, basic HTML, live stream technology and social media algorithms as well as SEO and headline writing.
• Well versed in Google Analytic, Crowd Tangle, Facebook Insights, Youtube Analytics, etc.
• Openness to working irregular/odd hours and available to work weekends and holidays
• A belief that people are our greatest commodity!
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz52on-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.