• Oversee web producers and CBSN digital line producers and associate digital line producers.
• Coordinate daily news and special event coverage for all digital platforms in collaboration with other news managers.
• Expertly manage multiple real-time and long-term data inputs to build a holistic picture of our audience, and develop effecting analytics-based strategies to both target them and grow from them.
• Aggressively cover breaking news through articles, videos, push alerts, live streams and social posts.
• Comfortable being a people-focused leader and listener working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented newsroom environment.
• Collaborate with newsroom partners to create strong daily content, originals and special projects to grow a rich, interactive digital experience.
• Coach talent on best digital practices and help newsroom management ensure they're being followed.
• Help develop new opportunities to expand the news brand while utilizing new and emerging technologies.
• Guide the team on special sales & community projects managing assignments whenever necessary.
• Perform other duties as needed and directed.
• Bachelor's Degree in Related Discipline.
• Must have 5+ years' experience managing, producing and showcasing online content.
• Must be a skilled copyeditor with an understanding of AP Style and basic journalism legal principles.
• Must have a natural curiosity and love for local news and have an understanding of current news events.
• Working knowledge of Web Design Tools & Content Management Systems, basic HTML, live stream technology and social media algorithms as well as SEO and headline writing.
• Well versed on Google Analytics, CrowdTangle, Facebook Insights, Youtube Analytics, etc.
• Must be open to working irregular/odd hours and available to work weekends and holidays
• Must believe people are our greatest commodity