Come join our team!
• Oversee planning and execution of weekend news content on all platforms
• Lead aggressive coverage of all breaking news and weather events on WCCO, CBS News Minnesota streaming as well as wcco.com
• Must have solid news judgment and strong storytelling skills
• Review and copy edit news scripts – ensuring accuracy and fairness
• Mentor, motivate and inspire a multi-platform team of talent, producers, directors, photographers and assignment editors
• Live and breathe the WCCO brand in all content
• Willing to work with all departments – across teams, to produce relevant content
• Strong social media skills
• Compliance with CBS policies and journalistic standards
• Collaborate with news managers on daily content as well as lead special projects as assigned.
• Complete additional duties assigned by News Director
• Minimum 5 years' experience as a producer or 2 years' experience as a news manager
• Must love WEATHER and understand its importance to our audience
• Must understand the power of Minnesota sports; managing our team of sports storytellers and any specials
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism or Communications
• Results-oriented leader with strong organizational and communication skills
• Must be cool under pressure and dedicated to bringing out the best in their team
• A risk taker who thrives off innovation
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g40o7y-44-201-68-86-42 in your application.