Executive Producer, Impacting Communities (MULTIPLE LOCATIONS)
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major US markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount +, all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stations' top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS News' streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount+. The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
The role and responsibility of local news stations is to accurately reflect and represent the communities where they live – to hold the powerful accountable and to affect positive change in service to those communities. As we recommit to that purpose and reimagine how we engage with multi-platform audiences in the future, the CBS Owned Stations seek strong storytellers and content leaders who are as committed to creating tangible and meaningful impact in our communities as we are.
The EP, Impacting Communities at our stations will play a pivotal role in leading our next-generation storytelling efforts – focusing on areas where we can affect change in the communities we serve – every single day - as well as ensuring balance and authenticity in our local products across platforms. You will be entrusted with guiding a team of reporters tasked with building relationships and sourcing original stories at the neighborhood-level. You will be responsible for surfacing and creating content across platforms focused on critical local issues and neighborhood triumphs, using storytelling to inspire compassion, mobilize communities, and spark action + conversations. EP's will design a strategic plan in partnership with the News Director and the Vice President of Content Development to ensure reaching this goal every day as well as work alongside the General Manager and Creative Services Director to identify and leverage those relationships/partnerships that could grow into brand-compliant station wide commitments and campaigns.
If you have a passion for community service and the ability to surface and create unique and untold stories…if you are able to build relationships and partnerships that can be used to bring a broader scope of community stories to our newscasts and news products, we want to hear from you!
Join us as we create a new community-based ecosystem of news gathering across CBS News and Stations.
• Must have solid news judgement and strong story-telling skills
• Accountable for community focused content – ensuring accuracy and fairness
• Must be able to ensure content is compelling across multiple platforms
• Special attention to skills related to original/enterprise reporting, writing, graphics, story placement & timely communication that will inspire
• Will partner with on-air, producing and writing other staff
• Knowledge of desk top editing, graphics management and control room automation
• Willing to work with all departments – across disciplines, to produce relevant content
• Strong social media skills
• Compliance with CBS policies and journalistic standards
• 5 years or more experience as an Executive Producer or Assistant News Director a plus
• Strong, measurable story-telling experience
• Consistent track record in producing impactful community-based initiatives
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or similar field
• Familiar with assigned market
• Connected with key influencers within the community
• Can manage all community-based campaigns – with an emphasis on broad impact with neighborhood sensibility
• Must be able to build and maintain partnerships with community leaders and organizations
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2q525-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.