CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major US markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount +, all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stations' top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS News' streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount+. The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
If you have a passion for longform stories, series and documentary-style content… if you thrive on content collaboration… if you have strong vision for threading together story elements into a masterpiece… we need your help maximizing and showcasing the content crafted by CBS Television Stations! We are seeking a Special Projects Director whose primary focus will be creating longform content projects largely based on the reporting of CTS Innovation Lab. This role will help develop projects of enterprise, in-depth and investigative nature on topics of national interest that will be seen on platforms across the country. Responsibilities include identifying and developing project concepts, aggregating existing story elements and creating new video elements, producing graphics, writing scripts, and supervising editing of the video projects. These projects are facilitated by the CBS Innovation Lab, which experiments with next-generation storytelling, and tests new products, workflows and production models for the future. This producer/editor will collaborate with news, investigative and special projects teams across the CBS News and Stations platforms.
• Ideate, research and create longform projects with dependable frequency and impact for the newscasts, specials, streams, websites and apps of CBS News and Stations. Assist with identifying and prioritizing original, timely and topical projects with strong value to a broad audience.
• Collaborate with reporters, producers, photographers, and managers to showcase and build on existing content. Write scripts independently and with others.
• Working in partnership with a video editor, assist in gathering and editing video, adhering to timed formats, to create longform stories, series and documentary-style projects.
• Produce visual theme and graphic design in coordination with graphic artists and editors.
• Develop templates and formats that provide guidance to content contributors for consistency and efficiency.
• Urgently develop and complete content to seize content opportunities with major stories and breaking news.
• Must have excellent organization and multitasking skills to efficiently move multiple projects forward simultaneously.
• Coordinate, archive and ensure safekeeping of video assets. Facilitate sharing of video between story collaborators, stations and network.
• Communicate frequently and optimally with respect and candor, and maintain highly collaborative, productive working environments and relationships with management and news personnel. Represent company expertly at all times in interactions.
• Work closely with colleagues, management, and legal counsel in creating accurate, well-documented, bulletproof content.
• Must be willing to work an unpredictable and flexible schedule as assigned.
Experience and Education Requirements:
• 5+ years' experience producing longform content in a medium to large market or national outlet.
• Must provide reel demonstrating production of compelling storytelling and visuals.
• Strong writing skills and command of grammar required.
• Video editing, video effects and graphic design skills preferred.
• Working knowledge of file-based video transfer software.
• Journalism, video production or related degree preferred.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro96j4-18-206-14-36-42 in your application.