KDKA-TV, the #1 station in broadcast and digital markets has a rare opening for a Digital Content Director. We're looking for someone to lead the team to new heights with the entire digital portfolio, including our CBSN Pittsburgh streaming service.
The ideal candidate thrives in a fast paced environment, pays attention to detail and enjoys the challenges of meeting deadlines. This person will lead a team of eager and hardworking digital and streaming producers. As a leader, you will encourage, empower and educate a team to innovate and develop fresh ideas for traditional desktop/apps/social media and OTT.
• Strengthen the team's knowledge of digital skills and website management (html, CMS, social, digital analytics) tools
• Mentor the team of digital producers.
• Develop and implement strategies to grow reach & engage with audiences.
• Build and implement comprehensive digital coverage plans for major news, weather and sports events.
• Collaborate with digital sales teams for revenue optimization and client partnerships tied to traditional digital and OTT
• Motivate staff to maintain KPIs and brand outreach
• Coordinate and collaborate on the production and optimization of content
• Continually monitor and react strategically to digital analytics to adeditorial decision-making
• Practice strong news judgment and coordinate digital contributions from other teams (reporters, photojournalists, et al)
• Work closely with station managers and ViacomCBS leadership on long-term planning
• Degree in journalism, communications, digital publishing or related field.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in digital publishing & production in a newsroom setting
• Experience producing local newscasts is a plus
• Knowledge of Wordpress, CrowdTangle, HTML, Google Analytics, Anvato, Photoshop, Crispin and iNews preferred
• Strong writing & copy editing skills.
• Strong understanding and implementation of SEO
• Candidates must have a deep understanding of metrics, SEO strategies, and digital best practices.
• Highly organized & detail-oriented
• Must be passionate about crafting this type of content and collaborative in the process.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqoow6-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.