KDKA is looking for a full-time overnight digital & streaming producer as we continue to expand our content presence on multiple screens.
The news doesn't stop and we're looking for a content producer who understands the mission of journalism. Our new hire should be able to deliver content on digital desktop, mobile apps, our streaming service CBSN Pittsburgh, and broadcast.
• Write copy for desktop to maintain an up-to-date reporting on local and regional news
• Edit video from various sources to accompany digital content on kdka.com and CBSN Pittsburgh
• Write and manage social posts for their respective voices (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, et al)
• Monitor scanners, sources and also vet emerging news content
• Proven ability to write and update news content on tight deadlines and communicate forward with the news team.
• Must make sound editorial decisions with minimal supervision
• Ability to edit news footage into digital and streaming platforms
• Proven experience communicating via various outlets: Email, Slack, Phone, etc.
• Experience with Photoshop, iNews, Edius, Social Newsdesk, Crispin, WordPress and other digital tools preferred
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
• College degree required
• At least two years' experience producing content for digital outlets (newspaper, television, radio, blogs)
• Must provide writing examples upon request
• Must be able to work all shifts
• Newsroom experience preferred
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm13y6-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.