KOVR/KMAX is seeking an experienced journalist to join our fast-paced news team as a Full-Time Digital Content Producer. This is an editorial position with a heavy emphasis on news writing.
Overview and Responsibilities
We are seeing a Producer with that can handle breaking news coverage, report and write exclusive stories, and cover developing stories on CBSSacramento.com and GoodDaySacramento.com. Must have excellent writing and copy-editing skills and able to tell stories via the website and social media. They must also possess a detailed understanding of online audience habits and audience acquisition strategies. This Producer should be able to identify trends and stories that can be produced for the websites. Detailed oriented, great teammate, and work well under pressure to meet fast paced deadlines. They must also be self-motivated, goal oriented, and able work alone or under minimal supervision.
The Digital Content Producer must execute engaging, company compliant messaging on social media, especially to support Good Day Sacramento while it's on air from 4:30-11 a.m. Help produce live video for CBSN Sacramento. Training will be provided. The candidate will develop original stories and content for CBSSacramento.com that will also appear on GoodDaySacramento.com. Produce compelling multimedia news experiences for the digital audiences. The ability to program the website homepage to engage site visitors. Ensure all daily content production is optimized using SEO strategies. Prepare reporters' stories for the website, including editing copy. Crop, resize, and web-optimize images and graphics. Candidates must be flexible to work extended hours, including weekends, holidays, early mornings, and evenings.
• Strong journalistic skills, including news judgment, research, writing, and editing.
• Ability to incorporate SEO strategies across digital platforms.
• Experience writing content for multiple social media platforms on behalf of publication or a brand, and successfully drive traffic through these platforms.
• Understanding of web analytics and know when and how to apply them.
• Capacity to act as lead producer on a shift covering multiple stories at any given time.
• A bachelor's degree or similar degree from an educational institution is preferred.
• Two years or more of experience working in a newspaper, online, radio, or television newsroom is a plus.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro3m01-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.