Desk Assistant (Freelance)
CBS New York is looking for a journalist who wants to grow their news-gathering skills at the #1 television station in the portfolio of Paramount owned stations. Join a team with tremendous opportunity for career growth and development!
• Work closely with assignment editors, reporters, and producers in development of daily news coverage
• Answer phones, emails and vet information and tips
• Communicate information to the newsroom in a timely fashion
• Log interviews
• Make regular calls to a wide range of local agencies
• Shadow assignment editors with opportunities to run the desk as acting assignment editor
• Must be a clear and courteous communicator
• Must understand deadlines and be comfortable in a fast-paced environment
• Must be a team player who likes to collaborate
• Must have experience leveraging social media to track down information
• Bachelor's Degree in journalism or a related field
• Must be willing to work weekends, holidays and evenings
Hiring Salary Range: $22.00 – $25.00 per hour
This role is in a union
Hiring Salary Range: $22.0 - 25.0.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3w75q-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.