CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major US markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount +, all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stations' top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS News' streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount+. The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
KYW-TV in Philadelphia is looking for a Broadcast IT Technician with desktop/server administration skills. This is a fast-paced environment that requires fast accurate thinking during times of high pressure and the ability to learn and understand broadcast television is expected. The successful candidate will be a member of the broadcast engineering team and will be expected to assist with technical support of desktop computers, servers, network appliances, applications, and related technology used to operate the television station. Support includes specification, installation, and repair/maintain of the computer systems and peripherals. Activities require interaction with TV station personnel, as well as, with other members of the CBS team. The position provides one-on-one interaction with end users. Other duties maybe assigned as deemed appropriate and necessary. Position requires candidate to be ''on call'' as needed to support a 24/7 operation. Work schedules are subject to change - candidates must be able to work late hours, overnight, weekends as needed.
Candidates will possess knowledge of the following:
• Installation, testing and implementation of projects, deploying physical and virtual servers, workstations, laptops, mobile devices, printers and network equipment.
• Experience with, LiveU, Dejero, MediaProxy, Telestream Vantage and FFmpeg is a plus.
• Knowledge of broadcast media file formats is a necessity.
• Interfacing with vendors and manufacturers to research and address support issues is also required.
• Must be familiar with Office 365 suite, OneDrive, Adobe Creative Suite, Teams, Slack, Visio, Active Directory, CrowdStrike, Acronis, software deployment such as SCCM and PDQ, and basic Linux fundamentals.
• Familiar with newsroom systems INEWS, WSI, Data Entry systems (Quest, Attendant Solutions, etc.) Avid Interplay or Grass Valley Status would be beneficial. Knowledge of newsroom automation systems is a plus.
• Live TV is a 24/7 environment, and all candidates must be able to work all shifts and be on call as necessary.
• Individual must also be very customer support driven to support all different levels of personalities and detail oriented.
Windows Server 2016+, Windows 10 and network fundamentals is a requirement; Cisco certifications are a big plus. Ability to read network and AV signal flow diagrams, document project design work and see projects through completion.
A Bachelor's Degree, Associate Degree or trade school certification is preferred with 5+ years of experience.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r79mok-44-192-114-32-42 in your application.