CBS Television Stations
Studio City, CA
KCBS2/KCAL9 has immediate openings for a full-time Newswriter/Producer at the Los Angeles Duopoly. You will be a key member of the news team, that's critical to the overall news image and growth of the station. We are seeking a dedicated, efficient, accurate and creative writer for this position. You'll write scripts, rough-cut video and assist in the overall production of stories for the Newscasts, as well as assisting in news cut-in production when necessary. This is a Writers Guild of America position and membership in WGA is required.
Assist Producer and fill-in, when needed, on Newscasts & Cutins. Must be an excellent storyteller and have the ability to craft a news story using words, pictures, sound, and graphics. Excellent writing skills and copy-editing ability needed. Must have proven control room experience and be able to smoothly handle live breaking news. You need to be able to build a compelling newscast with high production value in a competitive environment.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Newswriting, line producing
- Collaborate effectively with a wide range of personnel to create compelling content.
- Maintain a steadfast commitment to accuracy and fairness
- Strong Tease/Promo writing
- Generate story ideas and participate in editorial meetings
- Understand & use digital tools such as social media & our OTT platforms to reach viewers and deliver news.
- At least five years' experience, preferably in a top 20 market
- Strong people skills.
Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with Avid I-news, and Grass Valley Edius System a plus.
College Degree Required or Equivalent Experience
NO PHONE CALLS or EMAILS PLEASE. Only qualified candidates considered for this position will be contacted for an interview. We regret that we cannot accept phone calls or respond to individual inquiries.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb88pe-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.
BET Networks is the nation's leading provider of quality entertainment, music, news, and public affairs television programming for the African-American audience. The primary BET channel reaches more than 90 million households and can be seen in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom, and sub-Saharan Africa.