CBSN-Local is looking for an Associate Digital Line Producer to work on CBSN-NY's groundbreaking local live streaming network! This is an invaluable opportunity to work with top-tier journalists within a newsroom in the #1 market in the country helping to innovate a-first-of-its-kind local digital streaming service. The ADLP will work with the Digital Line Producers (DLPs) and the control room teams to build, lead and optimize live and on demand video content for mobile, desktop and OTT platforms.
The role requires close work with a news team, including strategizing with DLPs, Senior and Broadcast Line Producers during live news programs, but the ADLP will assist with writing headlines and improving SEO and shareability and working with video editors and social media team to edit and publish out video.
• Running live and playback elements of continuous digital stream available on multiple platforms across the country.
• Assisting with production, timing and guidance within a live control room environment.
• Assisting with building show rundowns.
• Helping to form and code rundown content at the direction of the show producers with regard to video, graphics, scripts and other elements.
• Anticipate the needs of the DLP and the show with regard to video, graphics, scripts and other elements while also taking direction from senior producers.
• Helping to coordinate with the senior and line producers during live news programs.
• Recent college grad with 1+ years of experience preferred in helping to create and build show rundowns in cable, broadcast or digital environment.
• Ability to work under very tight deadlines to write headlines and edit video for live digital broadcast.
• Strong understanding of social media and the competitive digital news environment.
• Familiarity with Avid editing systems and ENPS and iNews.
• Available for early mornings, nights, overnights, weekends, holidays; this is a 24-hour streaming service.
• Experience with Crispin and iNews is a huge plus.
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
• Understanding of SEO.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4xo2v-18-205-192-201-42 in your application.