CBS Television Stations
West Sacramento, CA
DESCRIPTION: CBS13/CW31 – Sacramento, California, is looking for a content-focused, creative, dynamic Assistant News Director to oversee day-to-day operations and special projects. The candidate must know how to execute and direct coverage across multiple platforms in real time. The Assistant News Director will work with reporters and producers to cultivate content and refine platform-specific storytelling. The ideal candidate will generate ideas for improving workflow, content and production to drive audience growth on television and all digital platforms.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Directing enterprise reporting to focus on unique stories not being told anywhere else
• Infusing effective use of the brand into stories and newscasts
• Planning special event coverage
• Ensures that a balanced and ethical presentation is sustained in accordance with CBS policies and instructions, industry codes, FCC rules and station brand values.
• Strong understanding of right of public access, public records, copyrights, and other media law issues
• Leading newsroom managers on execution and job growth
• Work hand-in-hand with promotion/marketing
• Partnering with News Director on short and long-term strategic goals for station, analyzation of data to form strategic and tactical plans, hiring employees, and growing staffers across work groups
• Proven track record in content cultivation and execution
• Proven track record in effective leadership
• Significant relevant experience in roles of increasing responsibility in news management required (specifics and length of time varies by market).
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb5z3e-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.
BET Networks is the nation's leading provider of quality entertainment, music, news, and public affairs television programming for the African-American audience. The primary BET channel reaches more than 90 million households and can be seen in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom, and sub-Saharan Africa.