Assignment Manager (CBS KOVR-TV)
KOVR-TV news has an immediate opening for a hardworking dynamic Assignment Manager. The individual is a highly competitive news professional that flourishes with beating the competition and getting the story not just first but right while managing the operation of the assignment desk. Your demeanor is naturally geared towards a ''get it done attitude'' while maintaining the utmost integrity. Come bring your talents and join our team!
• Multi-task and make fast decisions
• Dispatch crews to stories and breaking news, using appropriate logistical and journalistic judgment. Identify stories with emphasis on our key brand points and tracking stories as they develop
• Work with the Assistant News Director and Executive Producer to bring stories that impact Sacramento community as well as developing a deeper understanding of the viewers we serve
• Develop and grow assignment editors tasked with overseeing incoming editorial around the clock
• Managing newsroom assignments, monitoring phones, coordinating logistics, monitoring scanners and social media. You must have a passion for breaking news
Preferred education, experience, and certification requirements:
• Minimum two years prior television news assignment manager experience is strongly preferred
• Background in print reporting or radio news will be considered
• Strong organizational and communication skills are required
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major US markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount +, all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stations' top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS News' streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount+. The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1bxev-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.