KPIX 5 is looking for an inquisitive, experienced Assignment Editor to take the lead on breaking news and breaking stories no one else is telling. Monitoring scanners, answering phone calls, coordinating logistics, and aggressively dispatching crews to breaking news are the prerequisites for the position. The ideal candidate must be competitive with a will to win and a proven track record of developing contacts, thinking creatively, and delving deeper into the news of the day.
• Enterprising stories will be critical every day
• Building content for our platforms
• Valid Driver's License
• Ability to work mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays
• Minimum of 2 years experience in a TV newsroom.
• Previous experience as an Assignment Editor preferred.
• A college degree in Journalism or Communications or related field preferred.
• Knowledge of Bay Area required.
• Phenomenal organizational skills, ability to reason and make informed decisions under deadline pressure.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Must have the ability to operate a desktop computer and to use the I-News computer system and other computer systems as assigned.
• Familiar with all newsroom dart functions including digital platforms and use of social media tools.
• Must be able to operate keyboard with accuracy and speed.
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
Hiring Salary Range: $65,000.00 - 82,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r78x26-44-200-168-16-42 in your application.