KPIX 5 is looking for a smart, experienced assignment editor to take the lead on breaking news and breaking stories no one else is telling. Monitoring scanners, answering phone calls, coordinating logistics, and aggressively dispatching crews to breaking news are the prerequisites for the position. The ideal candidate must be competitive with a will to win and a proven track record of developing contacts, thinking creatively, and delving deeper into the news of the day. Enterprising stories will be critical daily responsibility. Members of our Assignment Desk are content generators and will create content for our platforms as assigned.
• Previous experience as an Assignment Editor preferred.
• A college degree in Journalism or Communications or related field preferred.
• Knowledge of Bay Area required.
• Exceptional organizational skills, ability to reason and make informed decisions under deadline pressure.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Must have the ability to operate a desktop computer and the ability to use the I-News computer system and other computer systems as assigned.
• Familiar with all newsroom dart functions, including digital platforms and use of social media tools.
• Must be available to work mornings, nights weekends and holidays.
Must be able to operate keyboard with accuracy and speed, and have a valid driver's license in order to work at breaking news locations if needed. Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4jxz7-3-227-235-216-42 in your application.