Overview / Role Details:
CBS News has an immediate opening for a hardworking dynamic Assignment Editor. The individual is a highly competitive news professional with a passion for breaking news that flourishes with beating the competition and getting the story. This individual's demeanor is naturally geared towards a ''get it done point of view'' while maintaining the utmost integrity.
Join the team!
• Lead newsroom assignments, monitor phones, coordinate logistics, monitor scanners, and social media
• Monitor police/fire scanners for breaking news, work with the Assignment Manager,
• Managing Editor on story ideas, and expanded coverage plans
• Meet deadlines in high-stress breaking news situations while logistically dispatching crews efficiently
• Dispatch crews to stories and breaking news, using appropriate logistical and journalistic judgment
• Assist in finding stories with an emphasis on our key brand points and tracking stories as they develop
• Handle time and logistics to make sure the selected narratives are covered efficiently with available staff
• Generate original stories and develop follow-ups, track social media for news gathering, update information in assignment desk I-news daybook, maintain contact lists, and story files
• Develop new contacts with government agencies (city, state, federal), and public relations representatives!
• 2+ years of television news assignment editor experience is strongly preferred, however, a significant background in print reporting or radio news will be considered
• Must have newsroom experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Work efficiently and proficiently with newsroom personnel and the public
• Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task a must
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4q2nv-18-207-240-77-42 in your application.