Reporter / MMJ
CBS Television Stations
Assignment Editor (Part-Time)
• Deadline-oriented news junkie with strong editorial skills.
• Storyteller who confirms what happened and then digs into the ''how'' and ''why'' to create context and meaning out of facts.
• Assign and manage news crews, assignments and story development across all platforms.
• Own, file and track all data requests.
• Assist with day-to-day story research and investigation using digital research insights to push the news cycle forward.
• Generate story ideas and enterprise reporting.
• Develop a pool of contacts and sources to help us break news on digital first.
• Coordinate coverage with CBS News and network affiliates.
• Take in live and recorded feeds from crews in the field.
• Monitor phones, emails and vet news tips.
• Other duties as assigned by news management.
• Strong news judgment as well as communication and organizational skills
• Ability to thrive under pressure, attacking deadlines and decisions calmly and swiftly
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a diverse staff
• Experience with databases, Microsoft Windows including Outlook, iNews, as well as Social Media
• Must be available to work any shift required in a 24/7 newsroom including weekends and evenings
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, Communications or related field
• 1-3 years in a medium or large market